The modular concept
just plan it is a modular production scheduling software. It allows you to "configure" your easy and visual production scheduling experience by your own, and tailor "your" software to your needs. That way, you always just pay to us what you need and use. The smallest paid version is called STARTER. Once on the STARTER plan, you can add functional modules to enhance your production scheduling capabilities.
The ENHANCED SCHEDULING module: what is in it?
The Enhanced Scheduling module as of now consists of two additional scheduling capabilities:
- The capacity level that you can define for each resource.
- Hybrid scheduling, which allows you to schedule some jobs manually although you have the general setting of an automatic scheduling. The manually scheduled and thus pinned jobs won't then be impacted by any automatic scheduling update.
More details about the capacity level
The capacity level is a new attribute for a resource. The capacity level can be defined as an integer value only. In essence, a resource with a higher capacity level can complete the same task faster than a resource with a lower capacity level.
Example: you have a task with a runtime of 240 minutes.
- Resource 1 with capacity level = 1 needs 240 minutes to complete it.
- Resource 2 with capacity level = 2 needs 120 minutes to complete it.
- Resource 3 with capacity level = 4 needs 60 minutes to complete it.
Have a look at the animated image above: the resources named team #2 and team #3 have a dedicated capacity level. The capacity level for team #2 is 2, and the capacity level for team #3 is 4. The capacity level is displayed in the white box in the left-hand table. When the task 20 is re-assigned from team #1 (capacity level of 1) to team #2 or team #3, the runtime for the task gets shortened accordingly.
As such, the capacity level follows the idea, that de facto you do not need to schedule down to a single resource, but than you can cluster some resources into teams.